"In the end it is not going to matter how many breaths you took,

But how many moments took your breath away"

explore

welcome to my

blog

Weddings

Boudoir

Engagements

personal

Uncategorized, Weddings

June 19, 2017

The Sweetest Vail, CO Wedding | Colorado Mountain Wedding Photographer

Vail Wedding Photographer

I met Erik and Christie for breakfast and coffee the morning after photographing their friend’s wedding last year, and I knew right away that these two were made for each other. I always love hearing each of my couple’s love story and how they got engaged. When they told me their adorable engagement story it came along with a slideshow visual of blood-shot eyed, snot face crying selfies of them the for days and days  after Erik proposed at home.

I absolutely ADORE the fact that Erik was full of so much emotion as Christie walked down the aisle. They decided they would not do a first look on their wedding day, which for them I am so happy they did because those moments at the aisle had ALL the feels!

This gorgeous wedding was taken place in the sweet mountain town of Vail, CO. Now, when most people think of a Vail wedding a large picture of ski slopes, mountain range landscapes, and open skies come to mind. Well in case you didn’t know, in June the ski lift isn’t open yet. Bummer right?….. actually, NOPE! We concentrated on the little details of Vail Village instead and thus created my opinion on the “sweetest Vail wedding” ever. There is so much beauty around us, it really takes that extra moment to realize we are living in it every day. It’s true the grass isn’t greener on the other side!

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Erik Forrester! I am so blessed to be a part of making your wedding day so special <3

Photographer | Melissa Brielle Photography
Planner | The Soirée Studio
Floral and Decor | Madelyn Claire Floral Design & Events
Dress | The Bridal Collection
Tux | HUGO BOSS
Hair and Makeup | Cassie – Makeup Artist & Hair Team
DJ | Garman Music
Venue | Four Seasons Vail

1. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

October 23rd, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Oh, I love that they didn’t do a first look because the fact that he was emotional when she walked down the aisle is priceless. It is wearing his love for her on his sleeve. What beautiful photos to capture such a wonderful moment.

2. Nina Larsen Reed

October 23rd, 2017 at 8:46 pm

I think you’re so right about focusing on the beauty where we are rather than being upset about things like a closed ski lift – you found so many beautiful spots in Vail village for their portraits! Gorgeous photos Melissa!

3. Emily

October 23rd, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Her dress is amazing! I love Vail so much. We try to go every year. What a gorgeous place for a wedding!

4. Laura

October 23rd, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Do you shoot in Vail often? I’m surprised we haven’t crossed paths. The Vail Chapel is the quintessential “little mountain chapel” right? I love planning there. We should totally connect.

5. mgabriel

October 24th, 2017 at 3:24 am

I do! I’ll be shooting another Vail wedding the weekend of December 2nd/3rd- we should totally meet up for coffee sometime! Feel free to email me anytime 🙂 melissabrielle@yahoo.com

6. Emily Moore

October 24th, 2017 at 12:35 am

Okay first of all — her makeup looks incredible! She is one stunning bride <3 I love how emotion he was when she came down the aisle — that is truly something you never forget! And this venue: seriously, why does Colorado get all of the best wedding venues?? Not fair 🙂 Beautiful job capturing Erik and Christie's special day!

7. Ali Rost

October 24th, 2017 at 1:47 am

Erik and Christie are the sweetest couple! I love it too when men are such softies that they tear up talking about how much they love their wives. The photos capture their day beautifully? My favorite? The stunning one of her wedding dress. My second fav? The last in the series where he’s giving her a dip. The back-lighting makes them glow. I wish them many years of health and happiness! x

8. Hilary

October 24th, 2017 at 2:29 am

What a classy wedding. I really loved the images that highlighted the train, so pretty! Great detail shots as well.

9. Sarah Holladay

October 24th, 2017 at 7:20 am

Wow, the brides dress is absolutely stunning! This is a show stopper of a wedding, and I’m absolutely taken with your gorgeous reception lighting. I love the detail shots, especially the dresses on the bed and the way you photographed the back of the brides dress in portraits. She must be so happy you all grabbed coffee that morning. 😉 Beautiful work!

10. Anna

October 24th, 2017 at 10:13 am

OMG, your photos are amazing! I love how you frame them and how you capture that special moment. Magical!

11. Alyssa Bouma

October 24th, 2017 at 2:41 pm

You found so much beauty to capture in this classy and elegant wedding day! I just love all of their portraits and how fun it seems the bridal party was. My favorite is that last nighttime dip image!

12. Elizabeth

October 24th, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Hello Style Me Pretty Wedding! This is just lovely! I loved your dress shot you took. And speaking of dress….SO amazing. Your details are gorgeous and I love the happiness and special moments you’ve captured! Well done!

13. Ali Horner

October 24th, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Wow! This couple is stunning.

These photos are absolutely breathtaking and make me feel like I was there celebrating with them.

14. Flor

October 25th, 2017 at 3:37 am

Wow, this is stunning work. That bride is gorgeous and that dress, pure dream. I love the vibrancy and emotion in these images. I love them all.

15. Heather Scott

October 25th, 2017 at 2:15 pm

This Colorado wedding is gorgeous! You did an amazing job as the photographer capturing their story!

16. Hayley

October 25th, 2017 at 6:48 pm

I love every detail about this wedding! You did an incredible job capturing all of it, and they look so happy!

17. Emily

October 25th, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Absolutely gorgeous pictures of such a special day of the happy couple! I can just feel the love in the air! Love the dress! Amazing. 🙂